TASTE the CROC
Get a Taste of the Croc!
The Crocodile Trophy has its home in the heart of tropical north Queensland in Australia and goes for eight days from the jungle in Cairns to the Atherton Tablelands with bush singletracks in one Australia’s most popular MTB parks to the unique Outback and finishes on the breathtakingly beautiful Four Mile Beach in Port Douglas – all that via picturesque towns, the Skybury Coffee Plantation and Wetherby Cattle Station.
This year, for the first time the Crocodile Trophy's local partner, the Cairns Mountain Bike club is offering four public race stages, where everyone can get a "Taste of the Croc" as part of their "Gravitate Tropical MTB Festival" and sponsored by Prime Constructions.
The Cairns MTB Club is hosting Stages 1+2 and the final Stages 7+8 for anyone who wants to join the Crocodile Trophy peloton on their racing journey - this is your chance to be part of this legendary event and to catch the racing bug - and a discount - for one full edition of this stage race.
$220 for 2 days
$390 for 4 days
Registration will be available via the Cairns MTB Club and their Gravitate Tropical MTB Festival Events website shortly.
An XC prologue lap race at the Smithfield World Cup tracks in Cairns and a marathon across the Atherton Tablelands.
Shuttle service from Atherton back to Cairns on Day 2 and lunch provided and included in the entry fee.
Two scenic marathon stages from Skybury Coffee Plantation near Mareeba to Wetherby Station on Friday and the final Croc time trial stage finishing with all the international competitors via the infamous Bump Track on Four Mile Beach in Port Douglas.
Camping accommodation on Friday night will be arranged in tents with Wetherby Station and the Crocodile Trophy organisation.
Dinner at Wetherby and Lunch at Wetherby and Port Douglas as well as shuttle service from Cairns to Mareeba on Friday provided and included in the entry fee.
What is included in your entry fee:
- Shuttle service on Day 2 and 7
- Access to feed zones with water, electrolyte drinks, fresh fruit and muesli bars (~ every 25-30km)
- Lunch on Day 2, 7 and 8 as well as Dinner on Day 7
- Access to free photos from the event
- Event race jersey (4 day competitors only)
- Gravitate Tropical MTB Festival T-shirt
- 4 day racers only: male and female overall winners jerseys
- Get your Taste the Croc entry fee discounted from one future entry to the full Crocodile Trophy stage race
What's in it for you?
- Ride these iconic Aussie and for some, local, trails with elite and amateur racers from all over the world
- Be a part of the Croc, the oldest and toughest MTB stage race in the world
- Get a discount towards one full Crocodile Trophy registration, equivalent to your entry fee to the Taste the Croc race
- If you've always wanted "to do the Croc", but never got a chance to or thought you couldn't do it, this is it: the stages are split over two weekends so it easy to do both with a holiday in between - make it a holiday in the tropics, visit the reef and enjoy the many attractions the Cairns and Port Douglas regions in Tropical North Queensland have to offer, when it is cold and wet as buggery in the South :-) And, if you're a local racer, you only have to take one day off- day 7 (a Friday).
- The club offers interstate visitors to pay an extra $50 to leave their bike in Cairns for the week, so it can be cleaned and maintained and ready for your return for Stages 7+8. Have a holiday while your bike gets a make-over? Now there's an idea!